It's almost the end of March Madness season, and if there's a match for your bracket that's a sure win that's endives and blood oranges. This grilled endive and citrus salad offers a welcome change from March Madness season’s greasy and heavy fare. There's no better time than early spring to pick up these fresh ingredients, so make that trip to your local farmer's market and stock up on in-season produce, the more the merrier!
- 6 Endives
- 3 oranges/blood oranges/grapefruits
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ of an orange
- Brightland Awake Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons Seed + Mill Herb Tahini
- Sea salt + Black pepper
- Cut the endives in half lengthwise, trim any thick base if present.
- Peel citruses with a sharp knife and slice into rounds.
- Whisk together lemon juice, orange juice, olive oil, tahini, salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the endives into your dressing.
- Heat a cast iron skillet to medium-high.
- Starting with cut side down, grill endives in skillet for 1 minute, then flip to finish another 1-2 minutes. Be sure not to overcook, as they will continue to wilt as they are plated.
- On a large serving platter, plate endives, and blood oranges, then drizzle with remaining dressing.