We're already a week into Veganuary and whether you're only trying out the plant-based lifestyle for the month or here for the long run, we're determined to make the entire month filled with nothing but delicious, plant-based goodies. And to celebrate the month, we've called for help from our closest chef and foodie friends to create their favorite vegan snacks filled with BUBBLE goods. Check out this cookie recipe we can't stop munching on!
- 2 flax "eggs" (2 TBSP flax meal + 6 TBSP water)
- 1 TBSP black chia seeds
- 1/4 cup Motha’ Butta Coconut Butter (Cinnamon Vanilla Flavor)
- 1/3 cup Base Culture Gingerbread Almond Butter
- 1/3 cup organic coconut palm sugar
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 TSP pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Pereg Oat Flour
- 1/2 TSP baking soda
- 1/4 TSP salt
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, sugar-free
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes, unsweetened, lightly crushed
WHIP IT UP:
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the flax meal, chia seeds and water. Stir to combine. Set aside for about 5 minutes until the flax and chia have absorbed the water.
- In a bowl or stand mixer, combine the coconut butter, nut butter, coconut sugar, vanilla extract and orange zest until well combined.
- In a small bowl whisk together the oat flour, baking soda, salt, and hemp hearts.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Fold in the rolled oats, cranberries and coconut until just combined.
- Use a tablespoon cookie scoop to form cookies and place 2-inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Press down slightly to flatten the top of the cookie. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges.
- Let cool slightly on the baking sheet, about 5 minutes. Then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Contributor: Shannon Feulner, Pastry Chef and Food Stylist