Thirsty Thursday is coming in hot and early. No, we’re not talking about alcoholic beverages, we’re talking good old fashioned agua, H2O. If there’s one thing we can takeaway from the first ever meme of the new year, Fiji Water Girl, that’s the importance of staying hydrated whether you’re a celebrity on the red carpet or not.
Since water's currently in the spotlight, this is a good time to list a few of its benefits: it contains zero calories, hydrates, aids digestion, cleanses the body, controls body temperature, heart rate, blood pressure, metabolism, and plumps your skin.
And if you’re not worthy enough to be served by the Fiji Water Girl, here’s some extremely useful tips on staying hydrated:
- Buy a reusable water bottle and as much as possible, keep it with you at all times.
- Fun Fact: the golden rule, 8-ounce glasses of water per day, is not scientifically proven. A good indication that you're drinking enough water is going to the bathroom every two or four hours, make sure that the color of your urine is of a light color.
- Most times you're not actually hungry, drink some water to make sure you're not overeating.
- Eat your water. What you eat determines your hydration levels, a healthy mix of vegetables, fruits, and carbohydrates is important in order to stay hydrated. Incorporate high-water content items like melons, celery, and radishes.
- Be preventative when it comes to dehydration. One way to do so is drinking electrolyte-enhanced beverages. Brands like Positive H2O naturally flavors their carbonated beverages and includes a healthy dose of vitamins and calcium. This stuff blows LaCroix out the water (pun intended).