Careers at BUBBLE
Work With Us
Senior Software Engineer (full-stack)
BUBBLE is building a platform for the largest selection of healthy, better-for-you, independent food labels in the US, culminating in a one-stop-shop digital grocery experience for customers nationwide. BUBBLE is on a mission to change the landscape of our food system by removing the limits of previous big food manufacturing and distribution by leveraging a lean, digitally native marketplace in order to improve both shopper and new brand experiences. BUBBLE shoppers have access to 400+ independent and diverse food brands from across the USA.
At BUBBLE we're creating an environment that allows team members to own, lead, and create their best work. We like to think of ourselves as being as analytical as we are creative. We are driven by our principles rooted in quality and committed to providing the best consumer experience. We're constantly looking for chances to create a more inclusive, fun, collaborative, and effective work environment.
Launched in January 2019, the team at BUBBLE has deep industry knowledge and experience in the food, wellness, technology, and media space hailing from notable companies; Daily Harvest, Microsoft, YC, Thrillist, Jack Threads, Spoon University, Hu Kitchen, Sysco, and The Food Network.
Team BUBBLE is in search of a full-stack engineer excited to help us build the healthy food market of the future.
As one of the first hires at BUBBLE you will take ownership of the back-end codebase but also work on some full-stack experiences. We’re looking for someone who can envision, create, and execute -- taking food e-commerce to the next level.
In this role, you will have significant autonomy and oversight of many moving pieces. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in ambiguity, is proactive & action-oriented, has a strong ownership mentality, loves to problem-solve and has superior verbal and written communication skills.
The BUBBLE team is small but growing quickly. We are iterating and deploying new code live almost every day. We have a huge number of creative concepts in the pipeline, and they need your refinement and practical outlook to become a reality.
A strong proficiency in Python & Flask is a necessity for this role, along with an extremely high attention to detail and the ability to think holistically and reason about data models, pipelines, events, and system.
You’re comfortable with new ideas and work closely and effortlessly with technical and non-technical teammates and users to find the best solution that makes the right tradeoffs in terms of being efficient yet scalable, and appropriately engineered for the challenge at hand.
You’re willing to adapt and learn new technologies as needed and aren’t tied to one set of tools.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make an outsized impact on a high-growth company in a booming industry – come take it!
- Take ownership of the systems that power BUBBLE
- Write review, test, and commit clean, maintainable, well-documented code
- Take ownership of and lead new software development projects and solutions
- Constantly refine and improve what you’ve built based on end-user data and feedback
- Be a great team player with strong communication skills, collaborating easily and effortlessly with everyone at BUBBLE
- Know enough to be dangerous on the back-end and have a strong familiarity with how our stack works end-to-end
You'd be a great fit if:
- You already have 5+ years of experience shipping customer-facing experiences / apps / sites as a strong software engineer, working on both front-end and back-end aspects
- You have familiarity with some or all of the following: Google Cloud, Python, Flask, Jinja, MySQL, & Terraform
- You have an eye for design and a high attention to detail
- You’re passionate about about BUBBLE’s mission of helping great brands connect with our health-conscious users
- You come from an environment with code reviews and relatively disciplined software development process
- You deeply understand the software development lifecycle and tradeoffs involved at every stage
- You’re flexible and adaptable to an ever-changing startup work environment
What it's like to work at BUBBLE:
- A dynamic, collaborative, ambitious and fun work environment.
- We are loving the remote work environment so far, and will probably be maintaining a hybrid workflow post 2021. We have been hosting the occasional in person on-site in the NYC metro area to calibrate and collaborate.
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits (coming soon)
- Snacks on snacks on snacks-- we wouldn’t be in the food business without healthy -- and extremely tasty -- food around 100% of the time
Submit your info into our Application Form, and we'll be in touch!
*This role is typically based in NYC, but will be remote until at least January 2022 due to COVID-19.