Marketplace Operations Associate
Marketplace Operations Associate
BUBBLE is building a platform for the largest selection of healthy, better-for-you, independent food labels in the US, culminating in a one-stop-shop digital grocery experience for customers nationwide. BUBBLE is on a mission to change the landscape of our food system by removing the limits of previous big food manufacturing and distribution by leveraging a lean, digitally native marketplace in order to improve both shopper and new brand experiences. BUBBLE shoppers have access to 400+ independent and diverse food brands from across the USA.
Our team prides itself on providing an environment that encourages growth, giving you the opportunity to lead projects and own the work you do. We like to think of ourselves as being as analytical as we are creative. We are driven by our principles rooted in quality and committed to providing the best consumer experience. We're constantly looking for chances to create a more inclusive, fun, collaborative, and effective work environment.
Launched in January 2019, the team at BUBBLE has deep industry knowledge and experience in the food, wellness, technology, and media space hailing from notable companies; Daily Harvest, Microsoft, YC, Thrillist, Jack Threads, Spoon University, Hu Kitchen, Sysco, and The Food Network.
Team BUBBLE is in search of an Operations Associate who will help optimize the process of new brand onboarding, from first touchpoint of a brand looking to sell on BUBBLE, to listing products life for sale, and organizing curated sales and product merchandising.
As an Operations Associate, you will work closely with all departments of the company. In this role you will understand and work towards the company’s mission, and will work directly with BUBBLE’s Operations Manager to hit key milestones and KPIs for the platform. You will be laying the foundation for this position and be able to proactively provide solutions to incoming challenges.
- Work directly with and report to BUBBLE’s Operations Manager
- Research and grow brand discovery for new products and vendors
- Handle and receive deliveries and shipments for product samples
- Merchandise sales, collections and categories on site
- Help onboard and streamline vendor onboarding by reviewing brands for BUBBLE standards
- Oversee customer orders, shipping and refunds, while identifying opportunities and areas of improvement (we are a new company after all!)
You'd Be a Great Fit If:
- You have knowledge within the food space and understand diet, nutrition and food trends
- 0.5-3 years experience in the digital marketplace or ecommerce industry, specifically with product creation and management
- Experience using Excel, Google Suite, and workflow management systems
- Accountability with communicating across a large number of contacts
- You have a high attention to detail and willingness to step outside your comfort zone to fix or bring attention to areas of improvement
- You’re passionate about about BUBBLE’s mission of helping great brands connect with our health-conscious users
- You’re flexible and adaptable to an ever-changing startup work environment and not afraid to dive head first into learning new tools and skills
- You may classify yourself as a “foodie”
- Willingness to taste and help approve food samples!
*While this is a hybrid role, you must be able to commute to our Kearny, NJ office (just outside Jersey City) 1-3 times a week for sample receiving and product review.
What It's Like To Work At BUBBLE:
- A dynamic, collaborative, ambitious and fun work environment
- Ability to evolve with a high growth start-up company
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits (coming soon)
- Snacks on snacks on snacks-- we wouldn’t be in the food business without healthy food around 100% of the time
Submit your info into our Application Form, and we'll be in touch!
*This role is typically based in NYC, but will be remote until at least January 2022 due to COVID-19.