Cookie party time! BUBBLE's friend and pastry chef, Katy Peetz, whipped up a gluten-free and vegan holiday coconut sugar cookies that could satisfy even your non-vegan friends and family. So blast your favorite holiday playlist and start an assembly line of these easy-to-make treats that also makes for the most perfect homemade gifts for your loved ones.
YIELD: 24 (2 ¾-inch) cookies
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3/4 TSP baking soda
- 1/4 salt
- 3/4 coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (softened)
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- 4 TSP non-dairy milk
Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Glaze Ingredients:
- 2 cups melted coconut butter
- 1/2 cup Bourbon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup non-diary milk
- Dried rose petals (optional garnish)
- Cacao nibs (optional garnish)
WHIP IT UP:
Preheat oven 350°F. In a large bowl, whisk together both flours, baking soda, and salt.
In a separate large bowl, use a hand mixer to blend sugar and butter until creamy and add vanilla. (If you don’t have a mixer use a wooden spoon and some muscle!)
- Add flour mixture to butter-sugar mixture and blend until combined-- it will look crumbly. Add milk mixture and blend until smooth.
Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a disk then wrap in parchment and chill until slightly firm, 15 minutes.
Working with one disk at a time, flour bottom parchment sheet (so dough doesn’t stick). Roll dough between parchment sheets until ¼” thick. Remove top sheet, punch out cookie dough shapes and transfer to a parchment-lined cookie sheet, spacing evenly apart.
Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let cool completely before glazing.
Maple Glaze Directions
Stir together all ingredients until thick and smooth. Drop a spoonful of maple glaze onto center of cookie then spread with an offset spatula. Sprinkle cacao nibs and rose petals to garnish.
* Glaze note! Keep in a warm spot until ready to use. If glaze cools and thickens too much, heat in microwave 5-7 seconds.
Contributor: Katy Peetz, Chef and Founder of Keetz