We're two months in to the New Year and let's be real, we're all finding it a little hard to stay true to our new year, new me diets. Enter the Mediterranean Diet, which is all the hype at the moment and for good reason. It's one of the healthiest and most delicious ways to employ a diet plan. Achieving a Mediterranean Diet basically means eating the historic diets of those who lived in the regions around Southern Italy, Greece, Turkey, and Spain.
Major perk: it allows you a glass of wine every so often, so you can truly wine and dine like you're in Morocco or Greece.
So we've come up with a delish salad and pizza hybrid inspired by the flavors of both Italy and Greece. And with a grain free, low glycemic pizza crust packed with healthy goodness like almond flour, coconuts, and chia seeds you can truly feel guilt free while indulging on pizza.
Mediterranean Pizza Ingredients:
- Pure Tradition Pizza Crust Powder
- 1 tbsp. Awake Olive Oil
- Egg substitute (1 tbsp. Ground flax with 3 tbsp warm water)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup marinara sauce
- 6 tbsp Olive Tapenade
- 1 Heirloom Tomato
- 1/2 lb. Vegan Mozzarella
- Vegan Feta
- Red Onions
Mediterranean Pizza Directions:
- Preheat oven to 435 degrees
- Combine Pizza Crust Powder with 1 tbsp olive oil, egg substitute, and ½ cup water
- Place the mixture onto your baking sheet and spread evenly
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes
- Spread thin layer of tomato sauce
- Then spread a thin layer of olive tapenade on top
- Top with heirloom tomatoes and vegan mozzarella and place under a broiler for 5 minutes
- Top with your fresh toppings (vegan feta arugula, cucumbers, red onions, and a drizzle of olive oil to finish)