It’s that time of the year again! The air is crisper, the leaves are changing, and being cozy inside while wrapped up in a blanket sounds nothing short of heavenly. And along with Fall comes spooky season aka Halloween and these cake stacks with its dark exterior and ooey gooey cinnamon taste, are the only way to RISE & SHINE! *cue Kylie Jenner
- 1 paleo pancake mix / gluten-free flour
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2 tablespoons of Activated Charcoal Powder
- 1 cup nut milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons of melted Cinnamon Vanilla Coconut Butter
- 2 tablespoons Just Date Syrup
WHIP IT UP!
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the paleo pancake mix, Himalayan pink salt, and activated charcoal powder.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, Cinnamon Vanilla Coconut Butter and Just Date Syrup until thoroughly blended. (If your Cinnamon Vanilla Coconut Butter solidifies when it comes in contact with the cold milk, gently warm it in the microwave just until it liquifies again.)
- Pour the liquid mixture into dry mixture. Stir until combined, so only a few lumps remain (don’t over-mix or your pancakes will be tough!). Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat your non-stick or lightly greased skillet to 350 degrees Fahrenheit/medium-low heat.
- Once the surface of the pan is hot enough that a drop of water sizzles on contact, pour 1/4 cup of batter on skillet.
- Allow to cook for 2 to 3 minutes until bubbles come to the surface of the pancakes and flip. Cook until golden brown.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter and serve pancakes immediately or keep warm in a 200 degree oven.
Contributor: Eva Malloy