If you haven't already heard, Hella, the clean, vegan, paleo, chocolate hazelnut spread is finally here! So we're sharing some of our favorite ways to enjoy the delicious and versatile spread. In our first of the series, we're going back to the classics and recreating a healthier version of whoopie pies!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup Hella cocoa hazelnut spread
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tbsp plant-based mylk
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Combine first 5 ingredients, stir until well incorporated, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the last 4 wet ingredients.
- Slowly incorporate wet mixture into dry to form a dough.
- Place dough in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Roll out dough into 1⁄2 inch thickness
- Cut flat circle using a circle cutter or circle-shaped lid.
- Bake on parchment paper for 10-15 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing from tray.
- Place a teaspoon of Hella on half of the cookie discs, top each with remaining cookie discs.
- Place in refrigerator to set for at least 10 minutes.